Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Work and life have just gotten in the way….BUSY BUSY BUSY!!! Do you ever feel like everything is just piling up and getting to be too stressful? I’m sure we’ve all been there. Right now? I’m stressing over how the Game of Thrones season is going to end and which guy Rachel on the Bachelorette is going to pick haha.
I do my very best not to stress about anything……seriously. I hate stressing. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “It will all work out.” I fully believe that statement. I’ve mentioned it on the blog several times over the years because it still holds true for me. So why stress when things will work themselves out? Today, I thought I would share my favorite ways to destress.
- A hot drink. This one probably sounds silly but it works for me….coffee, tea, or coco. Not only are you enjoying a delicious beverage but more than likely, you are sitting down somewhere drinking it. I’ve noticed that when I have a cup of tea or coco at the end of the night, I’m relaxing and enjoying the moment. Relaxing……not stressing.
- Make time for yourself. Make time to just do something for yourself. Buy yourself a new thing of lip gloss (you can never have too much lip gloss), do a little retail therapy, get your nails done, etc. Something that if just for you and just gets your mind off other people and other things. Retail therapy is real and it works!
- Get a massage. Even if you just abuse your little brother into rubbing your feet…(shout out to my little munchkin!) Or getting a girlfriend to play with your hair. Getting a message is a HUGE relaxation method. This isn’t just for girls. Garrett LOVES it when I tickle his back at the end of the day. It helps him sleep…….cause he is relaxed.
- Listen to music. You can NEVER be stressed out when listening to your music. It’s just physically impossible. I listen to ALL different kinds of music….but more than likely, if I need a pick-me-up, I’ll listen to Michael Buble. He always picks my spirits up.
- Finally, spend time with your pets. There is a reason that animals are used for therapy. They immediately lift your spirits with their cute faces and unconditional love. The moment I walk in the door and am greeted by the cutest little fur babies….I’m wayyyy to happy to be stressed.